1. Are original documents required for recording?

  2. Will my original deeds be returned to me?

  3. Do you provide any forms?
    No, we do not provide forms.

  4. How do I search real estate records online?
    You can search online using www.gsccca.org.

  5. Will you help me prepare my deed?
    No, by law we cannot assist you with filling out or preparing your deed paperwork. If you are unfamiliar with how the process works you will need to seek the assistance of an attorney.

  6. I need to have a title search done to see the chain of property ownership for a particular property, can you help?
    A title search is an involved process which the Clerk's Office does not perform, however, our record room is open to the public from 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. We do have computers that are accessible to the public to help you begin your search. If you are not familiar with the property search process you will need to locate a title searcher or title search company to do the search for you or you can contact an attorney.

  7. I have paid off my home, when will I get my deed?
    When you pay off your home loan, a cancellation of security deed is prepared and recorded by the lender. The Warranty Deed you received shortly after closing remains your ownership deed, unless you made a change after purchase and recorded a new deed. We will not send you a deed after your mortgage has been cancelled.

  8. Do you report to credit bureaus?
    No, we do not report to any credit bureaus.

  9. How can I get a copy of my deed?
    You can access all recorded documents online at www.gsccca.org or visit our office at 133 Montgomery Street, 3rd Floor, Rm 304, Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm. There is a fee associated with the website and a cost of $.50 a page for copies on website and in Clerk's Office.

  10. Can I request a copy of my deed by mail?
    Yes, you can request a copy of your deed by mail by filling out our Record Request Form located in the Real Estate Forms section along with proper fees.

  11. Is there a fee to search deeds in your office?
    There is no charge to search and view documents in our office. There is a copy charge of $.50 per page printed.

  12. Who do I make my check or money order payable to?
    All checks and money orders are made payable to Clerk of Superior Court.

  13. Do you accept credit or debit cards for Real Estate transactions?
    We do not accept credit or debit cards for payment when filing in person, however, you can pay by those means when e-filing your real estate documents. If requiring a copy of a real estate document you can pay with a credit or debit card.

  14. Can I pay off my lien through your office?
    No, you will need to pay the lienholder or their representative.